Dr. Stuart Sheer is a native of Baltimore, Maryland, and has been practicing orthodontics for over thirty-three years.
Dr. Sheer has always had an interest in helping and teaching others around the world. He not only has a goal of creating beautiful smiles for the patients that he treats locally, he also works hard to bring those same beautiful smiles for the many children and adults he has had the pleasure of caring for in many developing countries.
Through Operation Smile, Health Volunteers Overseas, American Dental Volunteers for Israel, or Ecuadent, whether it has been in the Philippines, China, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Tanzania, Nepal, Kenya, Vietnam or Ecuador, Dr. Sheer has a personal mission to try and make life a little better for those people that have not had the opportunities or access to proper treatment and care.
His desire to ease the emotional and physical burdens that many of his special needs and cleft palate patients have, led him to author a children’s book (Kirkus Reviews, illustrated by Nancy Patz), called The Elephant with a Knot in His Trunk. The book tells the story of an elephant born with a disability that keeps him from using his trunk as other elephants do.
Dr. Sheer also enjoys traveling, sports, Vizslas, art and music.
- University of Maryland at College Park
- University of Maryland Dental School (D.D.S.)
- Columbia University in the city of New York (Certificate in Orthodontics)
- Professional Certifications and Affiliations:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Mid-Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Program Director for Health Volunteers Overseas in Cambodia.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Orthodontics, University of Maryland Dental School