Do you or your child need braces or Invisalign treatment? There can be many reasons why a patient needs orthodontic care. Whether a patient has overcrowded teeth or large tooth gaps, our team can help them find the right treatment to meet their orthodontic goals. Our dental professionals work with patients to solve their orthodontic problems in Mt. Airy, MD.
What Are the Most Common Orthodontic Problems?
Some of the most common orthodontic problems can include:
- Overcrowded Teeth: Patients with overcrowded teeth may have misaligned or twisted teeth because they do not have enough room in their mouths. Overcrowded teeth do not leave space between teeth.
- Overbite: An overbite occurs when the upper teeth extend over the lower teeth. Overbites can be genetic.
- Underbite: The opposite of an overbite, underbites occur when the lower teeth cover the upper teeth.
- Cross Bite: Upper teeth fit inside the lower teeth.
- Open Bite: The front top and bottom teeth do not touch when the mouth is closed.
- Spaced Teeth: Gaps or spaces between teeth can occur between two teeth or all of the teeth.
Please contact our office if you have one or more orthodontic problems. Over time, harmful bacteria accumulate between crooked and overcrowded teeth because they can be difficult to clean. Uneven bites also place more pressure on the jaw joints and certain teeth than others, leading to tooth wear and TMJ pain. Addressing orthodontic issues prevent more complicated dental problems in the long run.
Treating Orthodontic Problems in Mt. Airy, MD
Our dental office provides multiple modern orthodontic treatments for our patients:
Patients with multiple or complex orthodontic problems benefit from traditional metal braces. Metal braces use pressure from brackets, wires, and rubber bands to shift teeth into a straighter position. Braces are one of the most economical orthodontic treatments and provide continuous care for patients of all ages. Additionally, braces help patients avoid oral surgeries to treat complex orthodontic issues as they develop over time.
Teenagers and adults benefit from Invisalign treatment. Invisalign can also benefit patients who have mild to moderate orthodontic problems. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, patients can easily clean their smiles and eat without restrictions.
Invisalign can also act as a retainer for patients after orthodontic treatment. It is important to wear retainers to keep teeth aligned. If patients do not wear their retainers frequently, their teeth can shift back in place.
Does your child need braces? Are you looking for a way to fix your crooked teeth? Contact Mt. Airy Children’s Dental Association today at (301) 781-5337. You can also schedule a dental consultation online with Dr. David Hasson and his dental team. Let us know if you have any questions for us, and we will be happy to help you.